Thursday, September 26, 2013

Music has the key to my heart. MIA Day 1

I often forget that I have this blog, not just to pour out my thoughts into but to also document all of my adventures. I do and go so much that I need to remember to document it all. And also, write, even if I don't think it's good, continue to write, because when it all comes down to it, writing makes me happy.



Above is a picture I took over Labor Day weekend when I ventured to Philly for yet another solo adventure, the Made in America Music Festival. Two things I love, live music and me time. I had ordered a ticket for only Saturday but low and behold when I opened my mail Friday night they had sent me a ticket for both Saturday and Sunday. I'm not going to lie, I scream and cried happy tears and then had a little dance party releasing my inner Beyonce. Pretty sure Kanye was in my room at that time singing to me and imaginary friend Beyonce, "You a bad girl and your friends bad too. You got the swag sauce, you dripping Swagu."

Yes, I'm a bad girl.
(Watch out badgirlriri, I'm coming for you)


This festival is put on every year by the talented Jay-Z. I was blown away by the amount of talent I was able to witness in a short two days. Below I have posted several pictures and videos I shot throughout the first day of the festival. Enjoy.



PUBLIC ENEMY is a hip group consisting of Flavor Flav, DJ Lord, 
Chuck D, Professor Griff, Khari Wynn and The S1W group.









And for a moment I thought I was back in Baltimore...



"The moments we have behind us, you won't be able to see again. 
We're only responsible for what we live in right now."
-Flavor Flav






Guess whooooo








There was a skatepark in the middle of the festival.
Stopped to photography them for a bit.




Porter Robinson is an electronic DJ from the United States. 
I was able to get a lot of awesome shots of him performing.
Awesome show, he always gets the crowd pumped.














 Guy in a wheelchair getting lifted from friends to get a better view of the stage.



Empire of the Sun is an electronic duo from Australia.
Most known for their hit "Walking on a Dream"





Phoenix is an alternative rock band from France. I didn't get any photos
because I was trying to save the battery on my Canon for BEYONCE.
I was able to get this video though :)






Beyoncé, Queen B, Mrs. Carter

was the headliner of the festival and she didn't bring the 'B' game, she brought her 'A.' 
She is perfection at it's best - sexy, confident, talented, intelligent, etc. 
By far the best performer I have ever seen, not just saying that because
I'm mildly obsessed with her. She indeed, "run the world."



This was her intro of the evening.

















That sums up Day 1 of the Made in America Music Festival!
Can't wait for the Mrs. Carter World Tour to come to Washington D.C.
on December 18, 2013. Fellas if you want to surprise your lady with the
BEST Christmas present ever, here is your chance - who knows,
if you're lucky she may just turn into a 'naughty girl.'



XOXO,
Lizzie


No comments:

Post a Comment