Wednesday, February 20, 2013

If it's illegal to rock & roll, throw my ass in jail!

46 years ago today, was the birth of a music legend, Kurt Donald Cobain, lead frontman for the band we all know as NIRVANA (always spelled in CAPS). Unfortunately, the band was only together for 7 years, 1987-1994, when Cobain took his own life. While NIRVANA may have only had a mere 3 albums that were recorded, they've sold over 75 millions records worldwide, with 25 million of those being in the United States. Whether everyone wants to admit it or not, the band was incredible and who knows where they could have ended up if they were still together today.

As we all know, I could sit here and ramble on about music for days, weeks even, because it's one of the things I adore, and one of the ways I express myself. My good friend Dave Waller could actually attest to that, being we sat up til nearly 6am a few nights listening to 90's rock on youtube and giving our opinions on bands and songs. Not going to lie, I was talking til I fell asleep, pretty sure Dave sat up and continued to jam out by himself because I had a dream or two about being at shows.

So below, I'm going to post a few photos, quotes and a video or two in honor of Cobain and NIRVANA.



 

"Things have never been so swell, I have never failed to fail" -NIRVANA

"I'm so happy cuz today I found my friends, they're in my head"
-NIRVANA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KURT COBAIN

No comments:

Post a Comment